Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Tahiti Nui

Thank you all for your comments/emails. Natasha I can't even imagine how you're in fact Paulina's Mom and you don't know what Fernet is. What kind of hole in the universe exists for that one to slip through the cracks between you two? That's supposed to be funny, I don't know if it was. So . . I'm just off the ferry back on Tahiti Nui awaiting the bus to the airport and I figured I'd just pop in here and see if I was able to post. I didn't think the last post worked, but glad it did. This is boring, I'll get right to it.

I've dove 5 times in the last 3 days, not deeper than 90' but spectacular. The best diving of my life. I've finally figured out how to breath less, which makes it a lot more fun. I'll explain that later to those of you who care. I've mingled with black tipped reef sharks and white tipped reef sharks, big morea's (really big, bigger than the morea's in Antigua, his head was 10" around), hawksbill turtles and green back sea turtles, eagle rays and big tame sting rays. Tahiti underwater is fantastic, out of the water it's all right. I know that sounds kind of snobby but it's a strange place. All the charm of the third world and the prices of the south of france. I don't think I'll be coming back. One of my dive buddies just got back from getting her Dive Master in Malasia (spelling?) and tells me it's amazing and cheap. So next time a dive holiday in Malyasia (sp?). There are lots of cats, and lots of chickens. I'm not sure how that's possible. The bar in the middle of town played the 3 Jack Johnson albums non stop in chronological order. Roosters, as it turns out don't just crow at dawn, they let it go all night long starting at about 1 and going till 8 or so. En mass, and from a bit away, they sound like soccer moms at the big game. My bus, the last bus, leaves in a few moments, but NZ tomorrow, but an hour ago. Odd. OH, it's not that the french here are snooty, it's just that I don't speak french. In fact they've been very nice, people on vacation are nice. That's the thing. I'm rushing and not making sense. You'll here from me tomorrow. I'm planning on diving the Rainbow Warrior in NZ, speaking of the french. I hope it's not too cold.

4 Comments:

At October 6, 2004 at 1:00 AM, Blogger :: tk :: said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At October 6, 2004 at 1:01 AM, Blogger :: tk :: said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At October 7, 2004 at 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, not sure how this blog thing works. Applied for about 10 id's and passwords and still can't get on. Only thing that interests me so far are the transvestite hookers. Rock on to NZ, love you Dad

 
At October 7, 2004 at 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey JON, this is your cousin Rebecca...the one who's been out west twice, in San Francisco a bunch and not seen you either time...I completely forgot you were traveling until Steven emailed out this strange but convienent I guess blogger stuff....

anyways, everything sounds amazing for you so far, i can't wait to get out and do some traveling myself, starts this winter...mexico and argentina in the spring for four months hopefully...a friend of mine is finishing up their diving training in Tahiti right now, that's why I thought I'd write. He's there for six months though...sounds like you're already gone I guess. A really good friend of mine lives in Taupo though...center of north island New Zealand. Let me know if you need any contacts or anything. He is really amazing....hope you're well, think of me living vicariously through you here at college in the northeast...cold....busy....'learning'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home