Sunday, October 03, 2004

Moorea

I'm on Moorea, the island just north of Tahiti Nui, and everything is very expensive including the internet, so let me just say this. As it turns out I'm not afraid of sharks, but I am afraid of transvestite hookers. I've been in the presense of both over the last 48 hours and only one has made me profoundly uncomfortable. There's not much to do here, I think that's the point. The locals really do sing and dance often, in fact there are some behind me playing guitar and singing right now. \i've spotted a bottle of Fernet, but have not partaken. I went to see a fire dance last night, but there wasn't a dance. The band did cover "My Way" the Sinatra song with full island flare, so that was fun. Everyone else here is french, so I haven't really talked to anyone for a few days. I'm very sunburned. I'll be here till tuesday then on to NZ where everything is cheaper and I'll post more about Tahiti.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home