Sunday, October 03, 2004

Moorea

I'm on Moorea, the island just north of Tahiti Nui, and everything is very expensive including the internet, so let me just say this. As it turns out I'm not afraid of sharks, but I am afraid of transvestite hookers. I've been in the presense of both over the last 48 hours and only one has made me profoundly uncomfortable. There's not much to do here, I think that's the point. The locals really do sing and dance often, in fact there are some behind me playing guitar and singing right now. \i've spotted a bottle of Fernet, but have not partaken. I went to see a fire dance last night, but there wasn't a dance. The band did cover "My Way" the Sinatra song with full island flare, so that was fun. Everyone else here is french, so I haven't really talked to anyone for a few days. I'm very sunburned. I'll be here till tuesday then on to NZ where everything is cheaper and I'll post more about Tahiti.

2 Comments:

At October 5, 2004 at 10:12 AM, Blogger Mason Inman said...

"Everyone else here is french, so I haven't really talked to anyone for a few days."

That's exactly my life now, living in France. Everyone in my office speaks French, and when we have group meetings we usually start in English and then slide into French and I zone out. I go home and say, "I'm tired," or whatever to my housemate since that's about all I can muster in French.

I hope you enjoy New Zealand. I'm looking forward to coming back to anglo terra.

 
At February 11, 2013 at 1:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

gday touchground.blogspot.com owner discovered your site via search engine but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have found site which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your website http://mass-backlinks.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my site. Hope this helps :) They offer best services to increase website traffic at this website http://mass-backlinks.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home