Sunday, September 19, 2004

The Beastie Boys

Friday Dylan came to town with 5 of his smoke jumper crew mates and we all went to see The Beastie Boys at the Civic Center. I haven't seen them since '94 which was, and this may be obvious to you but it came as quite a shock to me, 10 years ago. They still have the ability to make me jump up and down. This time they all played their instuments for about 5 songs, which I've never seen or heard of them doing. The rest of the time they were three MC's and one DJ, Mix Master Mike to be precise. I kept waiting for them to be political, I think of them as a fairly political band. They saved it for the last song, which was "Sabotage" and dedicated to "George W. Bush". The place erupted, 10,000 people put their hands in the air. It made me smile. I thought, "Now these are my people."

So who's your favorite B Boy? I'm going with MCA, he's also the most grey. MMM as a close second.

2 Comments:

At September 20, 2004 at 3:31 PM, Blogger HiveMind said...

AD Rock was my main doo-doo stain for my high school years. Then MCA won my heart in college. Mike D. was always the most fashion forward, so you can't count him out. But I'm sticking with MCA. He's so...spiritual...AND HOT.

 
At September 20, 2004 at 4:21 PM, Blogger jts said...

Amen sister. That's 2 for MCA people.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home