Thursday, October 07, 2004

Auckland

I arrived in Auckland at 3 in the morning and took a taxi to my hostel, which is out of town in a quiet residential neighborhood. The next morning I awoke to rain. So I milled around for a while waiting for it to stop, but it didn't, so I grabbed an umbrella and headed to the museum. Great museum, like a miniture smithsonian. Then I walked downtown through the driving giant rain and walked around on Queen's street looking at all the stuff that's in every other comercial street in the world. Including btw Dunkin Donuts. I have spotted one Bo Sox hat. Although it might have been a fashion accessory cause I said, "Go Sox!" And he looked at me like I'd said, "Wooly muffin tummy!" The people are excedingly nice, as reported. Tomorrow I'll be hopping on a bus tour for 3 days. This one's supposed to not be full of 18yo's. I hope that's the case. I'm downtown now and writing this cause I don't know what else to do. Uninspired I know. So, I'll write more, and better, later. Rebecca, I can't drop you a line if you don't post your email address, so please do. right.

1 Comments:

At October 13, 2004 at 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey:
Ordering some sun for you. Rain can get to be a drag. Hope all is well almost down under. Not sure if you get e-mails. News from here. Getting a hip replacement on 9/28. 4 days in hosp then stay out of the rain so I don't rust. See what you all have to look fwd to. Love from both of us. Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home