Saturday, November 13, 2004

Christchurch

This may or may not be my last post from NZ as I return on wed and am unsure of how much time I want to spend recording the trip while I'm still doing it. I'm looking forward to coming home believe it or not. I'd really like to eat something spicy, this is not possible in NZ as even the hot sauce is misslabeled. This trip wasn't as altering as the last one. I contribute that to NZ being an english speaking 1'st world country and all of the sub reasons that go along with that. I have learned a lot, both about NZ and the UK. I can tell you the difference between a waka and a wekka, a hangi and a hongi. I can distinguish between the Manchester, South London, and the public school accent. No one seems to know why the private schools in england are called public schools. Ed offered that the entrance exams are open to the public, but that doesn't really make sense. I've expanded the Cockney dictionary a bit, I'll be using it when I get home so be prepared to not understand anything I'm saying for a while. Cricket bats are made from willow. Also, no one knows why the british call a sweater a jumper; Woody the doctor offered that he thought it had something to do with the knitting stitch. Interesting. I have had a lot of laughs and onlythe occasional series mood swing, although I think that was due to the vodka which I'm not going to drink any more as it's secretly disgusting. I've become proficient at obscure semi-useless things: the one handed paper fold, multi pocket filing, ipod/digital camera navigation, lightning-fast-2-minute-hung-over-early-morning packing, etc.

Wed I fly out of christchurch at 7:40 in the morning and then:
Christ-Auckland
Auckland to Papeete
Papeete to LA
LA to San Francisco

something crazy like 20+ hours of flying.

Christchurch is a gorgeous little city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home